We've had our dog, Molly, in the family since my littlest brother was only a year or so old, about 13 years now. She's a beautiful Border Collie who is just the most lovable and sweetest dog you've ever met. But, alas, time is wearing on her :(. Apparently, my little brother was playing fetch with her the other day and when she went to take off after the ball, she just collapsed onto her chest. I guess she must have pulled something in her front leg somewhere but she won't put any weight on it at all. When you take her outside, she hobbles about ten feet and then just collapses onto the grass and lays there looking so upset.
If anyone out there is a pet lover like me and has had a pet for so long it lierally has become one of the family, you'll know how heart wrenching it is to see her like this. You want to do everything in your power to help her feel better and make things easier on her. I tried tying her leg up in a scarf, like a sling, so she wouldn't have to put any weight on it and it might heal better and faster, but she got so frustrated that she couldn't keep her balance like that, that she just kept pulling her leg forward and out of the scarf/sling.
In other news, this weather is amazing. I love sun and I love the heat and I LOVE having an incredibly cool basement to walk into after being outside.




2 comments:
Aww, poor Molly. Give her a hug for me. I feel the same way about Jewel. Seeing her in pain breaks my heart.
aw, poor molly=( thats sad, i felt the same way when i saw lassie (remember her? lol) acting all old haha. thats so sad=(
Post a Comment